Big Data Analytics
Big Data Analytics: Start Sooner, Go Further with Talend
Big data analytics, until recently the exclusive domain of only the largest and best bankrolled organizations, has become more widely accessible with the advent of Hadoop, the open source implementation of the MapReduce massively parallel programming framework pioneered by Google and Yahoo. Cloud-based Hadoop offerings have extended the big data analytics opportunity further, to include organizations that don't want to build and maintain their own Hadoop cluster.
Still, Hadoop application technologies are complex and Hadoop programming expertise is still relatively rare. Talend, the open source integration company, removes this last barrier to big data analytics with two powerful and versatile big data solutions:
- Talend Open Studio for Big Data, a free open source application that makes it fast and easy to leverage Hadoop technologies without having to do any Hadoop coding.
- Talend Platform for Big Data, a subscription-based solution that provides comprehensive support for all facets of enterprise big data management.
Free Big Data Analytics Tools That You Can Use Today
Talend Open Studio for Big Data, free to download and use under an Apache License, provides all you need to easily design and implement big data transfer and big data analytics jobs using Hadoop technologies like HDFS, HBase, Hive, Pig, and Sqoop. The studio features an Eclipse graphical development environment complete with business modeler, meta-data repository, and a palette of configurable components that let you graphically create big data migration and transformation jobs without writing code. Behind the scenes, Talend Open Studio for Big Data generates the underlying code which can be deployed as a scheduled job, as a stand-alone executable, or as a service.
With this fully-functional, feature-rich open source solution, you can quickly get to work with big data and Hadoop. Load data from diverse sources into Hadoop HDFS, HBase, or Hive; execute big data analytics using Hadoop Hive or Pig – all without having to learn or write Hadoop languages or commands.
From Big Data Analytics to Enterprise Big Data Management
For organizations striving for comprehensive management of big data throughout the enterprise, Talend supports seamless migration from Talend Open Studio for Big Data to the subscription-based Talend Platform for Big Data. Talend Platform for Big Data extends Open Studio's big data analytics capabilities with end-to-end enterprise data management functionality including:
- Support for advanced data migration methodologies like change data capture.
- Innovative FileScale technology for running big data analytics on flat files on a single node.
- Time and event-based job scheduling.
- Comprehensive big data quality control components for data profiling, matching, cleansing, and enrichment.
- Support for SOA-enablement of big data services.
- Technical support services from Talend, the world's leading provider of open source data integration technologies.
Learn more about Talend’s big data solutions from the many resources on this web site, or download Talend Open Studio for Big Data today and start benefiting from the leading open source big data tool.